Tuesday, April 12, 2011

an update

I've had a few posts written about how it feels to be pregnant again but I've deleted them all.  So here I am, again, trying to find the words to accurately describe what has been going on in my head.  But it is a mess in there so I'm having a difficult time sorting through the rubbish and collecting the bits worth writing about.

So while I am trying to figure out what I want to say, I just thought I'd throw out this quick update.

Baby is doing just fine.  Heart rate has been normal.

I'm twenty-two weeks as of today.  I have to write out that whole number because writing "22" just doesn't seem to do justice to how long t...w...e...n...t...y-t...w...o weeks really is.  That is five and a half months of being pregnant.  How I've made it to this point is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

I'm thinking eighteen more weeks seems like a really, really long time.

But better eighteen more than only seven more.

7 comments:

  1. I imagine it is all pretty overwhelming, and nerve wracking, and stressful, and emotional, and that it seems as though time simply cannot move fast enough right now.
    I am hoping for all those weeks to pass by quickly and uneventfully, culminating in one joyous live birth. I am sending you love and peace always... and PS I love this self-portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photograph.

    I have also written (and deleted) many blog posts during my current pregnancy.

    I'm so very glad to read that your baby is fine and that the heart rate is looking good. Well done on twenty two weeks (in the long hand format to give that time its full honour and importance!) and I sincerely hope that you have many more weeks to come.

    It does seem like such a long, long time and I hope it passes peacefully for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to hear that all has been well with the baby and although 18 more weeks does sound almost like forever, I hope it passes quickly and uneventfully for you. I, too, love the picture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping these next weeks pass quickly, but also hoping that you are able to feel safe enough to savor some of those moments. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you eighteen more months of a full belly and calm heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. hang on in there...these will be some very long weeks I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete