She is a rag doll after she eats, completely devoid of any concern at all. Peaceful. A floppy doll with a milky face.
So beautiful. So exhausting. So perfect. So worth it all.
I watch her and can't help but find my mind drifting over the chasm of the absence of her brother. I search for familiarity in her features. I beg to see her brother there too. My heart swells with love for my children and the tears flow in streams for missing the one who will always be forever gone.
My babies. My loves.

She's just beautiful. :) I'm hoping to one day have babies who look like their brothers... :)
ReplyDelete*brother
ReplyDeleteOh my jeepers is she gorgeous! Just delicious. And I know the baby love and loss feeling oh so well. Calla didn't look like either of my boys, so it's a challenge to imagine what she'd look like. But I still try.
ReplyDeletexo
Oh -- gosh how sweet and precious and perfect. Yep I'm jealous. But so incredibly happy for you. That fresh baby smell is like mo other.
ReplyDeleteOh my heart - that picture .. she is beautiful. As the time draws near for us to meet Bennett I wonder if he will look like his sister.
ReplyDeleteShe's just a doll. How lucky have we both been in the past week to welcome these precious new girls in to our lives?
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying every moment of this newborn phase and it sounds as if you are, too.
Congratulations again. She is simply perfect.
xo
So beautiful mamma.. sending you love and light.
ReplyDeletexxxx Remembering George and celebrating Clio with you & wishing both your babies were here.
ReplyDeletePrecious, precious, precious darling girl. Wish she and George were right there together, cuddling.
ReplyDeleteCathy in Missouri
She's so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteShe's so beautiful - what a great photo.
ReplyDeleteI didn't see Dot's brother in her features at all until she was a couple months old, and then they appeared very strongly. I wish George were with you, too, that you'd had this with him, too.
Can't wait to see her again tomorrow. She is beautiful as are your words about your two kiddos. I look for Margot in Stella too, and hope to see her in our next little one too.
ReplyDeleteThanks, everyone. We think she is pretty great:)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Your words and her face
ReplyDelete