Tuesday, August 16, 2011

she's finally here

About five hours after I wrote that last post I went into labor.  I woke up with mild and erratic contractions a little after midnight on Saturday, August 13th but within three hours they were coming every five minutes so we decided to head over to the hospital fully expecting that they would dissipate like they always have.

As it turned out they did not go away...

Our daughter was born wiggly and squealing later that same day after about twenty hours of labor and two and half hours of pushing.  She was 8 pounds 4 ounces and 21.5 inches long.

Right now we are all adjusting to having her home with us.  I'm having a rough start to breast feeding (ouch) and with the recovery from a pretty severe tear during the VBAC (ouch and ouch).  Leif is doing such a great job helping me, as well as doing the lion's share of work with our sweet girl.

We are completely smitten with her and every tiny little thing that she does.  Seeing her makes every doubt, every fear, every pain well worth it a thousand times over.


Clio Irene
August 13, 2011




Thank you all so much for the support you have given me.  Truly, I am so grateful for every one of you who has been with us throughout this journey with George and to get his little sister here safe and sound.  We only wish that we could have them both with us...

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! A VBAC and more importantly beautiful little girl. What wonderful news. Congratulations a million times over. She is truly beautiful. George has a little sister, its so heartbreaking and so wonderful.
    ak

    ReplyDelete
  3. So truly happy to hear of Clio's safe arrival. Wishing you all the best with her and remembering George with you as well. What a bittersweet moment for you. Extremely happy for you!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. LOVE the name!! Same as my favorite grandma. So pretty. Smother her with hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Brianna, just the update I was sneaking over here to find. I'm now crying lots and lots of tears for you, I am so happy that she's here safely, that she's healthy, that you're healthy...and so sad that her big brother isn't here with you all as well.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. Oh. I am so, so pleased for you and Leif. She is absolutely beautiful, what a lovely name.

    Sorry about all the ouchiness and wishing you a speedy and smooth recovery.

    Remembering your dear George and celebrating his beautiful little sister, Clio xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's delicious. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING THIS news for the second time! She is so gorgeous and wonderful and big, with a perfect name to boot. We can't wait to meet her in the flesh.

    Love to you and Leif and remembering George these days as you experience Clio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOHOOWOOHOO!!! So happy for you guys! Congratulations and so much love . . . and so happy the decision was made for you ;) Sending lots of love and healing energy your way as you savor every second with your beautiful little girl. Thinking of you guys and of course remembering George, the big brother we all wish could be here, too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I was just checking in here a few hours ago, and this post was not yet up. I was hoping she was here now, safe and sound. This is just the best news I've had all day and I'm so very thrilled for you. Both that beautiful Clio is here safe and sound and that you got the VBAC. I know in the big scheme of things, that is not what is important, but I know it meant a lot to you.
    She's beautiful and I love her name.
    Enjoy every second, mama. And remembering George.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I've been checking every day and I am so thrilled to see your beautiful little girl and George's little sister. Her name is beautiful. So happy for you all. Mariann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Brianna. I am so happy for you. Love the name. I wish you had her big brother here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so happy for you. She's here, safe and sound. She is so beautiful.

    Wish you could have them both with you, always. But so glad that Cleo has made her safe arrival. Thinking of you guys a lot in these early days. Hang in there...and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who knew how deeply you can love? Let your baby bathe in the the smiles, relief, and affection you have for all of your children whether they are with you or not... Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, oh, oh, oh! BEAUTIFUL! She is just perfect.

    I am far beyond glad that she is here safe and sound.

    Remembering George along with you, too - never forgotten.

    What wonderful news,

    Cathy in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful news! A successful VBAC, but more importantly a healthy baby girl with a beautiful name. This just makes my day. I hope your pains ease soon as you continue to heal. So much love to you and Leif as you celebrate your Clio while always missing your George.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! She's so beautiful, and her name is lovely. I wish George were here to meet her, too.

    I'm wishing you well with your recovery - those first few weeks of breastfeeding were really rough for me. If you don't have nipple creme already, send Leif out to get some - it can really help with the soreness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am literally in tears. SO incredibly full of of awe and amazement for you and your beautiful family. Welcome to the world little Clio.. may your days be full of love and your road be bathed in light.
    Congratulations Brianna!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic!! Clio is beautiful, and I'm so glad she's here safe and sound. I wish you and your family all the best as you enjoy these first days together, loving each other and remembering George, too. xoxox
    - M

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful news, wonderful name and a beautiful little girl.

    So pleased for you and Clio's save arrival and I wish you a speedy recovery.
    Keeping George in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratualtions!!! So happy for you guys!

    Really hope you find some good support for any breastfeeding problems!

    ReplyDelete
  22. FANTASTC!!!!!

    Congratulations and welcome. What an amazing week to have so many babies born shrieking into our little community :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wonderful.

    Welcome to the world sweet little Clio.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Massive, cuddly congrats to you! Clio is a beauty and a total charmer from the get-go, I can just tell. So very happy for you both, so very happy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome little Clio! Congratulations!

    Well done on your vbac. Not sure I will follow in your footsteps - makes me admire it all the more!

    ReplyDelete
  26. PS- I found BF to be HARD work. Hang in there, ok? I swear it will very likely get better.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hooray! Oh Brianna, so overjoyed to hear that she's here safely. Look at that beautiful hair. She's lovely, and glad that the VBAC happened after all. Hope you are healing up well. Holding George in our hearts with you too - I bet he'd be so proud. xxxh

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Brianna, this is such wonderful, wonderful news! I am thrilled beyond words for you! I can't tell you how happy I am that you and your beautiful Clio are healthy and safe, I'm in tears of joy right now. Such joy that your family has expanded and welcomed another child and that all is well this time. Thinking of all four of you and sending my blessings your way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. So sorry to be late to the party, Brianna, but I am so thrilled to see this news. Clio is absolutely gorgeous. Wishing so much that George were here to kiss her little forehead. Love to your family of four today and always.

    ReplyDelete