Sunday, April 1, 2012

george's birthday

Last year we headed west.  This year we headed east.






We stayed in Idyllwild, which is about 2 1/2 hours from Los Angeles in the San Jacinto mountains.








Our cabin was by a small stream.  Right before 4:00 we made our way up the stream along with George's photos, our journal, and his ashes.  





We had the intent of leaving some of his ashes to find their way in the stream to the ocean but apparently his urn is like Fort Knox and we weren't able to get it open.  It was a bit of a disappointment as it had taken us two years to work up the courage to look at them only to be thwarted by the seemingly simplistic copper box.



Clio enjoyed herself, although I'm not quite sure how she felt about the incredibly huge snow jacket we made her wear.




Two years seems like an eternity and like an instant.  Oh how very much we wish we could have both our babies.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day. Your family is so lovely. The pictures are wonderful. I am glad you had eachother. You kind of made me giggle when you said Georges's Urn was like fort Knox. :) I so wish you had both your babies..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful spot to remember your son. Wish he was there with you and could see the look on his little sister's face. xxxx

      Delete
  2. I wish that for you as well. Seems like such a simple wish, too.
    George is loved and remembered. The pictures in this post were lovely.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Looks like a beautiful day, remembering George, keeping your family together, communing and grieving. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to George. Looks like you had a beautiful day together, remembering him. Wish he was still here with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you had both your babies too.. What a beautiful way to honour and remember your darling George. Remembering him with you always. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. An eternity and an instant. A lot of truth in that.

    Amazing photos. Love the one of the water.

    See you manana.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you had both your babies too. It doesn't seem like such a great thing to ask. It looks like you had a beautiful weekend in memory of George.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, both the babies, yes. How I wish George was there with you all, too. Your pictures are lovely and you all look fantastic. Sigh. The bitter and the sweet, yes?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes. An eternity. An instant. I suppose they are both the same when you get far enough out.

    What a beautiful place you visited and how wonderful you all look. I wish that George were there to enjoy it all, surrounded by the love of such a wonderful family xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful photographs you have taken in celebration of George's memory..
    I wish you could hold both of your children.. I wish we all could.
    Love and light..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish they were both with you, too. These photos - so beautiful. And Clio is getting so big and amazing! Thinking of you and your George.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two years. Seems impossible. I wish they were both able to be with you, too. xx

    ReplyDelete