Tuesday, February 15, 2011

yesterday

Leif and I don't generally celebrate Valentine's Day.  A card or something but that is about it.  But this year things were different.

It all started with a...Valentine's Day Heart Potato!



Got home from work and was greeted by a dozen paper hearts hanging from the ceiling, each with a different word, nickname, or saying that was special to us.


We had leftover casserole and salad for dinner.  Then we watched a French documentary about animals that love each other (sorry, can't remember the name).  It was an adorableness explosion.

Then Leif gave me a huge piece of chocolate cake from Pheonix Bakery in Chinatown.  I only mentioned three times that the most important part of Valentine's Day is CHOCOLATE.  He is awesome, my husband.

It was the best Valentine's Day we've ever had.

6 comments:

  1. He is a great man. You are both lucky to have each other. I'm glad your day was good. You deserve it, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of it sounds lovely. Although I do have to say that I especially like the Valentine's potato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it sounds like a very sweet Valentine's day. :) Love the heart potato!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special Valentine for two special persons...

    ReplyDelete