Wednesday, March 30, 2011

our son

We sent this card out to our friends and family to acknowledge his birthday.  

I never thought I could love anyone as much as I love my husband until there was George.  Made from love.  Perfect and beautiful.

We miss him so much.  

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute to your sweet babe on his first birthday. We're coming up on Charlotte's first and I'm dreading it. Much love as you remember George on his day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to remember your son by reminding your friends and family how special he will always be to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I never sent out any kind of birth/death announcement for Eliza, and I've wanted to do something. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brianna, I woke up this morning thinking of you and Leif and George, and I apologize for not getting here sooner to tell you.

    This is a beautiful tribute to your son.

    Sending much love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. A perfect way to honour his life.

    I lit a candle for your George this evening along with ones for my George and Little Poppet.

    Sending love and peace.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful Brianna. A touching tribute and wonderful way to remember George's birthday. Just 2 days earlier I was marking 6 months since Quinn and Trace's birth - amazing how it seems like it just happened and also that it was so long ago. Take care - you're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for your support and for thinking about George on his birthday. It means a lot to both me and Leif.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tribute, what a gorgeous card.
    Happy Birthday George! You are so loved and missed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture is really beautiful.

    I read this poem and it brought a little smile to my face. I thought of you Brianna, Leif and George Ellsworth.

    Inside Our Dreams (Jeanne Willis)
    Where do people go when they die?
    Somewhere down below or in the sky?
    "I can't be sure," said Grandad, "but it seems
    They simply set up home in our dreams"

    Sending peace
    ak

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea, Brianna. Though it's belated, I am thinking of you and your husband and George. Love to you, beautiful mama. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all again.

    AK, what a lovely poem. I think it does fit us perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you love Brianna... the card is just beautiful.. and the painting of George still takes my breath away today just as it did the first time I saw it.
    Sweet George... you are beloved by so many who have come to know your story. Travel on sweet little boy.. Wishing you a beautiful celebration of a year to the day the were born.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brianna, I am obviously so behind in my Google reader that here I am very belatedly telling you how beautiful and touching this is. I hope it was well received by your family and friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brianna, I had never seen this post until tonight.

    *****

    Down, down, down into the darkness of the grave;
    Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
    Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

    ~ Edna St. Vincent Millay

    *****

    I have no idea if messages on older posts even reach you.

    I feel like kicking and crying because I am so sad that George is dead. I don't want to be mature. I just want to cry.

    Your card is beautiful. I'm hating this all over again. I want George to be with you, with Leif, with Clio.

    So hard.

    Cathy in Missouri

    ReplyDelete