Apparently I am growing a large baby. Current approximation at thirty-six weeks is SEVEN and a HALF pounds.
I should have guessed this would be the case. After all, Leif and I are not exactly petite.
I know these estimates can be off by about a pound in either direction but still I'm getting a wee bit nervous. The bigger baby is the less likely it is that I will be able to successfully have a VBAC. Luckily, my OB is awesome and is still supportive of us giving it a try. If we change our minds and decide to go ahead with a c-section, she is supportive of that as well.
The radiologist who did the ultrasound this afternoon made a prediction that we would not make it to August 16th. She said that the fluid levels were perfect and baby looked very healthy, practicing her breathing. Basically she's looking like a full-term baby already.
Still...I hope she sticks around for at least a couple of more weeks. I don't think she is ready yet. Or maybe we are the ones who aren't ready yet.
I promise you that every time I was told the approximate weight of my three living children before they were born it was always wrong. They always said big.. and not one of my children weighed more than 6.5 lbs.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you!
Oh man, so close. Predicting the weight is always a tough one it seems. The stories go every which way. Our Doc said Stella was big and she was 9 and a half pounds. He said M was big and she was already almost 8 pounds when she died at 38.5 weeks.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you guys Friday! Really, really looking forward to it.
You are getting so close now! My midwife was able to correctly guess Charlotte's weight, I was impressed with her ability to put her hands on the baby a week before she was born and estimate how big she would be.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you as your time to meet this sweet babe approaches.
36 weeks. Oh my, you are getting close. Like you and L, me and C are not petite and I would have expected our babies to be on the larger side. Even the girls were, strangely, very large for their gestation.
ReplyDeleteCould you ask for an induction of labour? That's what the doctor decided was best for me and R as we were told he was measuring big. I think I'm quite glad we didn't go the full forty weeks as he was 8lb 11 at 38 weeks which isn't too massive but his head circumference was off the chart. Do remember to ask for that epidural of a few posts back ;)
I know that I felt it was all happening too quickly when the consultant told me that he was going to come, ready or not, at 38 weeks. But, I think I would have felt just as ill-prepared at 40 or 42.
Thinking of you, L and your little girl xo
Oh I feel for you! I'm almost 36 weeks and I was told yesterday this one is measuring at 8 pounds already! Sheesh! How much bigger can he or she get? I too am trying for a VBAC but I fear the bigger this one gets and the longer he or she stays in there, the less likely it may be. I'm guessing you can't or wont be induced either, just like me, because it is too risky with a c/s scar. I desperately would love to push this one out, but I figure - what will be will be. Just get the baby out alive.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you in these exhausting final weeks.
xo