Wednesday, December 7, 2011

hot pink

Did I ever tell you all how when I was pregnant with Clio I did very little in regards to getting her room ready until I was nearing the end of my pregnancy?  I felt superstitious (not a normal state of being for me) about getting anything prepared for her because a huge part of me really thought that she wasn't coming home with us.   It wasn't rational but I felt like if I were to invest too much energy on dreaming about her homecoming that the universe was going to kick my ass again.  Because, you know, why not?

So I prepared the bare minimum for her arrival; a crib, a co-sleeper, a dresser, and a carseat.  Everything else, aside from the curtains, was pretty barren.  It only took nearly four months but I finally finished the rest of her nursery.  It isn't exactly as I had wanted it but I have gotten to a place where I am content with how it looks and overjoyed that its little inhabitant is here with us.  Mostly, I feel like it fits her personality, if that is possible for a four month old.  It even has old photographs of our relatives and, specifically, my grandmother the pilot (Clio Irene's namesake) to watch over her crib.  I hope Clio has as much spunk as her great-grandmother did.  George aslo has his own little mark on the room in the form of a mobile of rainclouds and hot-air balloons.

On a whim I decided to enter it into a contest on Apartment Therapy just for fun.  If you are interested in seeing what it looks like (and/or voting for it) you can see it here:

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/family/hot-pink-hodgepodge-small-kids-big-color-entry-49-162593


9 comments:

  1. VOTE PEOPLE. :)

    It definitely fits your personality too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - good luck!

    I didn't decorate George's room until he was here and then it took me a year. I get what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a sweet room. And I love the pictures strung above the crib. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I voted - hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the curtains! And I can't really imagine prepping a nursery in advance now, either. I love the idea that it fits her personality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is completely for a room to fit the personality of a four month old and I get a strong sense of Clio from her nursery! I think it's lovely, I like the idea of having a photograph of her namesake and a little echo of her big brother included too.

    A lovely room and I've voted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful room for a beautiful baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah i missed the vote, the survey ended :(
    Such a beautiful room, love all the details like the shelves and cross stich hoops, and touches of big brother George.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one gorgeous room - good luck. Sounds like I'm too late to vote, sorry!
    Hope's room was mostly decorated, but we didn't know if she was a boy or girl, which suited us as I didn't really want to go all out pink or blue - we're more of a bright, primary colours kind of family. Then she died, so we just left it as is. Then Angus arrived, and he just went right in, we really didn't make any changes. And in a few months, when Juliet moves out of our bed (years??!!) she will go in with Angus as well, given we're in just a two bedroom place.
    A room for all three of our kids, yet only two of them will ever sleep in there. Sigh.
    xo

    ReplyDelete