This is the way that Los Angeles changes seasons. It has trouble making up it's mind one way or the other; like me trying to find an outfit to wear to an event.
I went for a walk yesterday in the rain, around the reservoir, with my friend Melissa and her dog Emma. For once I felt like I looked like the other people who frequent that 2 mile path since almost everyone is either jogging or pushing a stroller or walking their dogs or doing all three at once. I felt like saying, "See I have a dog too! I do belong! I do belong!"
By the time I got home in the afternoon and sat down in front of my laptop with the intention of beginning another day scouring the internet for a job...the power went out. LA is unaccustomed to the rain. Power goes out. People suddenly forget how to drive, frequently confusing the accelerator and brake pedals. Burly, mean-looking men ride their red ladies' beach cruiser bicycles in the middle of the very busy La Brea Blvd. People wander around aimlessly in fugue states perplexed by how they have been transported to a place that looks like their city but somehow just wetter.
So I spent the afternoon reading. Reading on the couch, in our bedroom, in a hot bath. All the while feeling nervous that I need to be finding a job. Is there even a job out there that is right for me? How will I find it? How will I know?
I feel like I am a contestant on a pre-MTV dating game. Brianna loves walks in the park and moonlight strolls on the beach. She loves going to see live music but likes to be home and curled up with a good book by 11pm (9pm in truth but this is a dating game and no one tells the whole truth on those anyway). She is politically liberal. Brianna hates machismo and when men wear front pleated pants.
Only the ultimate prize in this dating game is a paycheck and a happy work environment instead of
I think I am going to go take another hot bath.
This: Awwwwkwwwwaaaaarrrrrddddd!

I also greatly dislike front pleated pants. Other than his suits, all hubby wears are the flat front pants. Pleats just look so, I don't know, ugly? Bulky and poofy?
ReplyDeleteI hope the job search goes well. Hoping you stumble upon the perfect position, quickly and easily, and work happily ever after.