Leif and I have developed a habit of grading our weekends together almost every Sunday night as we lay in bed together. Admittedly they are always good, so we rarely ever have a B weekend but this weekend was extra great. An A, even. Why? No particular reason but I think our picnic had something to do with it. It doesn't happen very often in Los Angeles that one finds oneself in a beautiful park, with pristine weather, and absolutely no one else around. We had the entire place to ourselves until right before we left when two adorable little pooches and their friendly human came by to say hello.
You will notice the large mound of watermelon. It has been my only craving this entire pregnancy. I can eat an entire watermelon by myself in under two days. I would, if Leif would let me, eat nothing but watermelon for every meal. Interestingly enough, it was pineapple with George.
I miss drinking coke. It isn't like a drank a ton of it pre-pregnancy but I still miss it quite a bit. This "Vintage Cola" -it's vintage and cool and trendy and look at that old-timey label- is pretty tasty though. Not quite the same as Mexican Coke but pretty close anyway. It also fits nicely in my oxfords, which are also vintagey! Who is too cool?
More watermelon! I got watermelon juice on my shirt by the dubs and it doesn't look like it is coming out. Bummer. I liked that shirt. Oh well, at least that morning I figured out that I could still wear a pre-pregnancy stretchy skirt. You win one, you lose one.
Meet Paco and Lola. Lola is the closer one. Super friendly. Super shaggy. I don't normally like little dogs (Except, have you seen Brooke's Little Mac? He's pretty darn cute too) with all their yip-yappin' but these two lovelies were undeniably cute and surprisingly unbarky.
Lola really liked Leif...but mostly she liked the smell of the salami that lingered on his fingers.
Yep, it was fun.
How was everyone else's weekend? Good or at least partly good, I hope.
Awww what great pics.. and I love that sweet pooch you met.
ReplyDeleteWe had a good weekend.. a very good one indeed. And for that I am grateful...
Little Mac is honored to have made your post. She also forgives you for the (understandable) gender mistake, as she is a girl dog but we think some of her emotional issues may stem from some gender confusion, given her diminutive yet masculine name. You look really adorbs in that watermelon stained shirt.
ReplyDelete