Thursday, May 20, 2010

.and i now pronounce you graduated.

So technically I haven't graduated yet.  Because I missed so much school when I was in the hospital and after my c-section I am having to make up a lot of work.  It is just busy work but I am literally just happy that they are letting me graduate that I don't really care at this point.  For a good five or six weeks I really thought that I was going to have to repeat a class next year because it is only offered once during the course of the program.  I was almost at the point where I thought I was going to have to pick up another nasty habit to ease my anxiety as my nails were already chewed off as much as they could possibly be. 

By next Tuesday I think I will be completely finished and then I can move onto the next hurdle...passing the board exam and finding a job.  Like a real job with real patients. 

It still feels a little surreal to be done with school.  When I started this program three years ago it was with 45 other strangers.  Now I am finished and had to say goodbye to 45 friends (ok, not really all 45 are my friends but it just seemed less dramatic to say anything less).  Some of them I know I will probably never see again.  Others I am sure I will always keep in touch with, in one way or the other. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment