Wednesday, May 26, 2010

.we need a vacation.

Now that I am finally done with all my make-up assignments (almost, anyway) I keep thinking about a vacation.  An escape.  A week, maybe more, of relaxation and time away from the daily reminders of George.  This is especially more important to me as his due date gets nearer.  I really don't want to be in this apartment when that day rolls around, even though it looks like I will be.

So I've made up a little list of imaginary places I would like to go if we could get out of here.

1. Manzanillo, Costa Rica.  This is where we went on our honeymoon.  It was spectacular.  Quiet, remote, beautiful, and peaceful. 

2. Switzerland.  Leif has always wanted to go here and after looking at photographs of the place, I do too.  It seems like an ideal place to go hiking and enjoy a leisurely vacation.  Plus the big bonus is that the food is probably amazing.

3. Nicaragua. This appeals to me in the same way that the Caribbean side of Costa Rica does.  It isn't a typical tourist destination and so would be pretty low key.  Just like us.

4. Barcelona, Spain.  We spent three days here two summers ago and we left telling ourselves that we would be completely happy to live there.  It may be a huge city with tons of tourists but it feels very comfortable.  I was amazed at all the history in the city and found the gothic quarter completely charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment