Our flea market chairs are finished. Huzzah!!! I feel strangely accomplished, even though I didn't do much of the work myself aside from choosing the upholstery and a wee bit of staining and sanding.
This is what the rocker looked like after we (by we I hope you know I mean Leif) finished most of the sanding.
I think we messed up on the measurements for the back cushion on the rocker because it is about three inches too tall. We also want to get the base fixed with webbing so it is more comfortable but...it has taken us forever to finally get these done. So I'm not sure if I just want to call it a day and be over with it for now.
Also on the list of things I would like to change but don't want to spend the money on it right now is a new rug. That blue one was supposed to go into George's nursery but, well, you know the story and now we have this rug and so it is acting as a placeholder.

that rocker was a steal! we were scoping some out around here for awhile and they were all absurdly expensive. good job!
ReplyDeleteYeah, we got it for 30 bucks. Of course then we went and spent 25 bucks on the stuff to sand and stain it, 50 bucks for the fabric, and 50 bucks for the upholsterer. About 155 bucks. Not too bad for a mid-century rocker, I think. But if you count all the hours we spent working on it well, the value starts to decrease dramatically. But weon't do that.
ReplyDeleteThey are lovely, the rocker particularly.
ReplyDelete