Thursday, July 1, 2010

.strawberries are fruit.

The last couple of days I've had strawberries on the brain.  Mostly this is because I've been studying all about infectious disease recently. 

Strawberry tongue?  You may have Scarlet Fever! 
Strawberry cervix?  You may have picked yourself up a nasty case of Trichomonas. 

Cervix meet Trichomonas.  Trichomonas meet Cervix.


Trichomonas looks strikingly like this guy, no?  Distant relations perhaps?


You can thank me later for not also including here what a strawberry cervix looks like.  Somethings are better left to the imagination.  Like perineal tears and what those things taste like that the Doozers from Fraggle Rock make.

So...strawberries.  They're in season now.

This weekend I am making something delicious with them.

It will either be...
This.
From Martha Stewart


Or....
This.
Also from Martha Stewart

And no, it is not for the 4th of July.  I don't need a reason to make something sweet and mightily unhealthy.  I need a reason not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment