Tuesday, August 31, 2010

.five months.

Five months.

It seems  like forever.  

People go through their days like they do every other day.  To most everyone else this particular day is like yesterday and it is like tomorrow.  That is the way this life works.  Our burdens are our own to carry.  To expect anything more is naive and unfair.  

In an hour it will have been five months since he was born.  In less than an hour and a half it will be five months since he was last alive.  

I wish there was more for him than this. 

I want him back.  With every part of who I am I want something that I can never have.  I wish I believed in something more than this life.

Time is hurtful.  

And the question keeps playing on repeat.  

How did this happen?

4 comments:

  1. That question plagues me, too. I'm so sorry you've had to spend the last five months without your boy. I'm so sorry you'll have to spend the next five without him, too. (Ad infinitum) Wishing and praying for peace for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs))
    holding you in my heart.
    Sometimes time seems to be the most terrible thing, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that there had been more for George and I ask that question too.
    For myself and for all of us.
    But I just don't know why.
    All I do know is that I wish it hadn't happened. x

    ReplyDelete