Monday, August 2, 2010

.ebb and flow.

The space inside my head is a tangle of webs and spiders.  Webs catch whatever is good and the spiders work quickly to drain, leaving behind dried husks that blow away with the slightest breeze.  I try to dip inside and pull out something meaningful or at least something worth rummaging around for but all I come up with is soft gauzy wisps of nothingness and dessicated remnants.

Two clear days are followed by a day nailed together with gloom and self-loathing.  Today I am carrying with me my hammer. 

I'm not sleeping well.  I can hear the hands from a not-really-there alarm clock ticking, ticking, ticking.  Only I don't know what it is ticking toward or if I should be worried.  

My baths are so hot that they turn my skin pink.  I tell myself to relax.  To breathe.  Everything is going to be fine.  But I know that there are no guarantees.  Statistics are our bedtime stories.  Fairy tales.

After three days spent back "home" Leif is excited about things to come.  Right now I am just relieved that he is here with me.  Safe. 

I think I am too indulgent.  That was the word I was looking for all this time.  Someone else found it and presented it to me without even knowing that she did.  Her words giving a form to my thought.

Today I am the mangled mess of metal and rubber that people slow down in their cars to look at and cringe.  That girl is so broken

2 comments:

  1. I followed your comment over at Root Of All Evel - I am sitting here at the moment crying to the Ghost Town song you posted. It's strange to say thanks for making me cry, but thanks. It feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn,

    It isn't strange. I totally get it. I'm glad you found some connection to it like I did.

    -Brianna

    ReplyDelete