Four million people in this city and only forty of us showed up for a hike under the light of last night's full moon. Introductions were made but I don't remember any names. Except for Bill. It was Bill's 60th birthday and he said that you should do the thing on your birthday that you most want to do for the rest of the year.
I wish I would have known that last month.
Walking back far, far ahead of the group our conversation turned to horror movies, as is only natural while hiking alone back to the car under the light of a full moon. We discussed how "We're almost there," is a phrase that should never be uttered while under these types of circumstances. It is almost a guarantee that in the next forty five seconds you will be running for your life and that in the next sixty seconds you will be tripping over an unseen rock in the path thus leading to your untimely death, fifteen seconds later. Other phrases to avoid while walking alone in the forest under a full moon include, "I think we are going in circles," "What was that sound," "I feel like we are being watched," "We can't turn back now."
Luckily we made it back to our car with nothing scarier happening than my overactive imagination conjuring up a madman with every snap of a twig we heard.


Beautiful moon. Ah, I don't think I could do a moonlight hike, stuff like that spooks me too badly now. Hope you enjoyed, even with the overactive imagination. :)
ReplyDelete