That isn't even including the one he is wearing today or the ones in the dirty laundry. I encourage his love of plaid and flannel because I think he looks good in it, so there you go. I am an enabler.
Unlike my husband, I do not like to camp. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate camping but I generally find the idea of using the backside of a tree as a bathroom facility unpleasant, which is pretty much the situation one finds oneself in when backpacking and camping.
The last time I went camping was back in the fall of 2006 when we were visiting Leif's brother and some friends who live in Portland. I have to admit that was a fun trip. It was an anomaly of camping. However, it would have been more fun had we encountered Sasquatch because I am told he lives around those parts.
I want out.
But backpacking in Southern California is so much less appealing to me than doing so in Oregon. But I am open to suggestions and if we actually make it out camping, I know my husband would be forever grateful.





Go car camping. Or even better, rent a camper! Best of both worlds. Here are some great spots:
ReplyDeleteJoshua Tree, Jumbo rocks (one of my all time favorites)
Morro Bay
El Capitan (north of Santa Barbra)
There are some great spots north of Ojai in Los Padres National Forest
Sequoia is awesome
Ensenada has some nice beach campgrounds
Angeles National Forest must have good campgrounds
Those are some good ones. Sequoia is pretty awesome. Plus there is Crystal Cave in Sequoia, which is cool, as long as you can avoid the CHUDS. You, know Cannibalistic Human-Underground Dwellers, like in The Descent. Those things make camping and visiting beautiful caves much less fun.
ReplyDelete