Tuesday, June 22, 2010

.sew say we all.

I have a sewing machine.  This is backed up by photographic evidence here.

I know how to use said sewing machine but only in the most rudimentary way.

This woman makes sewing look easy.  See?  See how easy it is to turn hideous thrift store finds into really cute clothes?  See how easy it is to do this every single day of the year and for 365 dollars?

.before.

.after.

 .before.

.after.

So I could pull out the sewing machine, blow the dust off of it and try to use it to create something interesting.  But I know all I will succeed in is causing myself a bunch of frustration and an allergy attack.

P.S. See how I did that up there?  In the title?  I made a pun out of a reference to Battlestar Gallactica.  Nerds everywhere bow down to your Queen!!!

2 comments:

  1. So, the first thing you should sew is a bunch of hankies. For the allergy attack. Then, having succeeded in making something square-ish, you can move on to --What did she even do to the second one besides put belt loops on it???-- better things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Square-ish. That is a start (and quite possibly the extent of my abilities).

    ReplyDelete