Dear Neighbor-Person Learning How to Play the Drums,
It is great that you have found an activity that you so obviously enjoying doing. I can say that with confidence even though we have never met because for the last two weeks I have heard you banging...I mean, jamming, every day from the hours of 2:00pm to 6:00pm. If you are really having a good time then you will keep going until closer to 7:00pm. I can tell you must be getting really good because you play the same riffs over and over and over again so I know you are getting lots of practice.
At first I thought you were playing outside, because how else could you be coming in so loud and clear in my living room? But now I think you are playing inside and that you leave your doors and windows wide open so you can share your love of percussion with the neighborhood. This is very thoughtful of you. If you didn't make me listen to your...umm...music, I would have to just sit here in silence while studying for a very, very important exam. I think you must have gotten the idea from our other neighbor-person who likes to repeatedly play scales for hours on his clarinet nearly every day as well. It is nice to live in a neighborhood where music is so greatly admired.
So thank you, neighbor-person who is learning to play the drums. I really, really appreciate your passion for music.
Sincerely,
Your biggest fan.
P.S. Just minutes ago I heard a new addition to our music-loving neighborhood. You have a singer to go along with your drums now!!! This is very exciting news.
No comments:
Post a Comment