Friday, August 20, 2010

.the center.

I am awash in a sea of faces and limbs and hair.  A current that tries to pull me along: I am becoming an erosion of my former self.  

Sediment.  Skin and teeth and mineral and bone.  Fragments of the organic and inorganic. 

I have given up trying to gather the pieces and detached I watch splinters of my self fall away and become part of the landscape of my history. 

I medicate myself with company.  Literal alone compounds the figurative alone.  

I hate this place.  I hate this person who is wearing my face.  She is unfamiliar and her proportions are all wrong.

He is gone and acceptance comes in starts and stops.  I am sputtering.

My mind wanders but still it orbits the center of my universe.  

George.

4 comments:

  1. Breathtaking.

    At some point I decided to let grief drag me where it would, but wherever it takes me, even now, even the good days, my George is never far away.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful piece of writing. I certainly recognise those feelings of being eroded away and of my proportions being, somehow, wrong.

    George will always be with you, always at your center. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. I can relate to so much of this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the idea that these are feelings that I share with other people. It absolutely makes me feel less alone.

    Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete