Tuesday, April 13, 2010

.of sea salt and chocolate chips.

There is a smell of chocolate cookies wafting through our apartment right now.  On Sunday, after our successful trip to the Rose Bowl Flea Market (more on that later), my friend Melissa came over and we made cookie dough from the New York Times famous chocolate chip cookie recipe.  You are supposed to let it sit for at least 48 hours before you make the cookies, which requires an enormous amount of will power. But the real kicker with this recipe is the sprinkle of sea salt that goes on just before baking.

I am making the cookies for Leif's co-workers.  They have all been so amazing to him/us during the last seven weeks.  After George died they took up a collection and bought us a week of healthy gourmet meals delivered to our house.  More importantly they also made a donation to the American Heart Association in George's name.  I can't think of a more thoughtful thing to do for someone after something like this happens.  I know cookies can't capture our gratitude but, hey, they are really good cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment