This is Melissa.
Anyone who has ever met her will gladly agree with me when I say that she is one of the coolest people in all of Los Angeles. Soon she will be one of the coolest people in a myriad of other countries because she is saying "arrivederci" to the US for the next few months.
She has been such a great friend not only to me but to Leif as well. While we were in the hospital the first go-round she bought a scrabble game and played with us after she got off of work. We still laugh at how Leif beat us both into the ground with the winning word "squatting." She has always made an effort to check in on us to make sure that we are doing as okay as we can be. If I need to bitch and moan about how life has been screwing me over she is content to listen and holds not a single judgment of me.
In addition to being a dear friend she has taught me so much about taking care of patients. I can only hope to one day be as competent and charismatic as she is. Her patients adore her.
Leif and I will miss her when she leaves.
Thank you, Melissa, for being such a great friend.


No comments:
Post a Comment